• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru ji, is within and never existed outside.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
The body is the city where the Lord dwells. Through the Guru's teachings, the mind is guided and imbued with the Lord, Har Har.

Lets Understand context and Application.
Lord is a unrealised word, if it dwells everywhere than why there is a human bias, all humans are creation of same so called lord, and HOW bias, Why Bias, Where Bias, When Bias, Who Bias. If LORD is there in all. Please reflect to introspect Lets treat all creation as ONE lord.
Within the body-lake, the Name of the Lord has manifested. In the home of the heart, the temple of the Lord God is realized.

(1336)

By using the truth guru, one always obtains peace

The truth guru gives the vision of the Invisible (God)

The external worshipper manmukh does not understand

The resolve of former is here, that humans forget Universal Consciousness and Mind gets a shadow of Man Made Conscious construct and forgets this Oneness and Universal Consciusness which results in Suffering amd Pain. So the suffering and pain has a positive aspect, thatt is the only opportunity when ONE remembers and reconnect with ONENESS and Universal Consciousness.

and goes searching outside (for external gurus, external divinity)

(754)

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
SGGS Page 1400 All-powerful guru carries those across in today’s age; who get in trance by listening to guru’s teaching. it is from sggs bhat bani . it is not my interpretation. look at it.

Last edited:

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
Like our Gurus, only those who are able to spiritually elevate themselves to certain higher threshold, can attune to this wisdom and receive it. Gurus have given us this wisdom as Gur Bani. AGGS is all Gurbani but some of us call it Sabad Guru as well - in my opinion, it is a misnomer: I can be wrong as I am just a learner like many of us. what about this.those who are able to spiritually elevate to certain higher threshold can attune to this wisdom. you mean that other than ten gurus, anyone else cannot rise to this level. what about sabad guru a misnomer. you are getting close to me. thank you good work

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
GURU IS THAT ENTITY WHO TEACHES GUR (LESSON)

I do not know about Nanak whether he had any kind of guru , but the rest nine gurus had a living guru, that is how the divine knowledge got transferred from gurus mind to the follower.

The tenth guru did not find any worthy living being to become a guru, so he transferred guruship to sggs and whether he wrote or the sikhs write that sabad is the guru. What is sabad in the first place. I had a chance to talk to head granthi of Damdma sahib. He said the entire sggs is a sabad. If one does not reherse the sabad, his or her mind does not straighten up and stabalize. Stable mind is the requirement to grasp the teaching from sabad guru. If the devotee does not reherse the sabad guru whole heartedly. It does not sink in his or her mind and he is not effected by it.it is the mind which has to grasp it. There are three things in sggs which are most significant , ei you, your mind and gurus teaching (sabad) The rules laid out in sggs to become divine are, selfless love, dedication, humility and sabad or gurus teaching. hindrance from becoming divine are doubt or double mindedness and slandering ohers. Rest is human code of conduct. I might have read SGGS at least one hundred times and still could not comprehend sabad guru.

If nine gurus had living guru as their guide, then why can’t I have a living guru. Unless the nine gurus had only sabad guru, which I cannot comment on. Looking at transfer of gurus spiritual power into the next guru happened through the living guru. Such as Nanak hugged Lehna and transferred divinity into his mind and made him Angad. Same way eighth guru said that next guru is at Bakala and transferred the power into ninth guru from Delhi.

Spirituality is the process to acquire divine knowledge. Divinity is the final stage of opening the mind. Sikhs read path more than any other community. Can anyone tell me, how many sikhs became divine within the last 100 years. One way to question others is to deny others idea but not realizing anything. The other is understanding and objecting and guiding the ignorant like me. Please guide me.

From sggs page 1400 I posted on this site. It appears to me that the student is communicating with his guru. That is why I put it here. If someone can translate and explain this to me any different I will be very thankful. My guru read sggs every day and then guided me. I read four pages of sggs every morning and pray to my Lord to forgive me for my ill deeds
Living guru and sabad guru are both gurus.what I did wrong not following sabad guru which I do not understand. If anyone on this site knows sabad guru and can guide me to follow sabad guru, I will be very thankful. Those who want sabad guru as their guru, I have no objection to it. Then if I have a living guru, what is so bad. Please advise and guide me by explaining what is sabad guru. Thank you all for your divine teaching. God bless all.

Last edited:

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
Living guru and sabad guru are both gurus
Ego and a sense of superiority play havoc in the individual ,Ultimately it is the Ego that is the barrier . The elimination of the ego is the whole of sprituality ..

Are you ready to accept a 'living guru' if he can help eliminate this ego in a concrete way ???

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: