• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

guru ji is within and never existed outside

GadarJeet

SPNer
May 28, 2024
Kaia nagar nagar har basio mat gurmat har har sahe.

The body is the city where the Lord dwells. Through the Guru's teachings, the mind is guided and imbued with the Lord, Har Har.

Sarir sarovar nam har pargatio ghar mandar har prabh lahe

Within the body-lake, the Name of the Lord has manifested. In the home of the heart, the temple of the Lord God is realized.

(1336)

Satgur seve sada sukh paae

By using the truth guru, one always obtains peace

Satgur alakh dita lakhai

The truth guru gives the vision of the Invisible (God)

Manmukh mugadh bujhai nahi

The external worshipper manmukh does not understand

bahar bhalan jaai

and goes searching outside (for external gurus, external divinity)

(754)

P J Singh

SPNer
Oct 7, 2022
Kaia nagar nagar har basio mat gurmat har har sahe.

The body is the city where the Lord dwells. Through the Guru's teachings, the mind is guided and imbued with the Lord, Har Har.

When I read the first line (copied above) of this post, it clearly does not align with what the writer is trying to convey " guru ji is within and never existed outside"

The line says that it is the Har ( the Lord ) that dwells in us . Is Lord and Guru the same?

As far as I understand , Guru is the intermediary (Vichola) through whose wisdom and guidance we get connected with the Lord.

As per Gurbani, Lord resides in us as its own "Jot", or "Noor" ; also referred to as as "Naam" or "Naam Ras".

My understanding is that Guru is simply a reference to Gyan. Before the compilation of AGGS, it was a reference to divine wisdom - Sabad Guru. Sabad Guru does not mean the wisdom that is scripted. In fact the Gurbani tells us this sabad Guru is not something that can be scripted through the "52 Akhar" ( as in Bawan Akhari). Also in Jap Ji Sahib we read " Kagad , kalam Na Lekhan Har" ( i.e. there is no pen or paper to capture this collective divine wisdom - Naam Ras- the primary manifestation or functional potency of the Lord.

Like our Gurus, only those who are able to spiritually elevate themselves to certain higher threshold, can attune to this wisdom and receive it. Gurus have given us this wisdom as Gur Bani. AGGS is all Gurbani but some of us call it Sabad Guru as well - in my opinion, it is a misnomer: I can be wrong as I am just a learner like many of us.

Guru Fetah

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
i have a guru. he gave me a sabad to recite. I have been reciting the sabad for over 50 years. what happens is that the guru or true guru or satguru knows your intent and blesses the follower according to his or her sincerety. if and when the devotee starts to enjoy the recitation and respect or so called love of that given sabad then the sabad also appeals to the devotee the same as guru's teaching. these days it is very well advertised the word sabad guru. in itself it does not mean much but with guru's blessings the love of the sabad attracts the mind as it is really the guru. so one can call it as sabad guru. without the guru and his or her teaching sabad guru is meaningless.

P J Singh

SPNer
Oct 7, 2022
Thank you Swarn Bains:

I am quite intrigued by your comment and request some clarification.

You say you have a Guru who gave you a sabad that you are reciting for over 50 years. I believe it is someone who is a living person. Am I correct? Can you please help me understand how did you determine he/she is a Guru? What is something special you saw in him/her? I often listen to many insightful people who give very impressive discourses on Gurmat and I learn a lot from their wisdom but I hesitate to call them "Guru". Is there any thing special that I should look for in them so that I can call them Guru as you have done?

When the so called Guru of yours gave you a sabad to recite, did he/she give you that sabad from AGGS or something that he compiled from his own divine wisdom outside of AGGS.

I am trying to understand how to determine if someone ( living human being) who is preaching Gurmat in Gurudawaras or in his/her own remote setting somewhere is a Guru or not and your experience might help.

Thanks and Guru fFtah.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
guru can be called who recites God's name and he is admired by the soceity. he tells hi followers also to recite God's nmae,. he has no demand. i was given sabad from sggs .. those who preach in gurdwara are for money. they do not have spiritual power.spiritualt is directly related to selflessness. goeneray such people do not preach anywhere. they live and work at their own home and keep recitiing wahiguru when ever the mind is free from other activities. there is something else. that is if your guru cannot saatisfy your mind, you should give up on hm or her. Guru is always a living being. the knowledge transfers from mind to mind. the dead have no brain or mind. one can follow teachings of the older gurus and saaints, because they also deliver the same message. they write because of heart felt pain. they write to relieve theri pain not to teach others. some God sent gurus like nanak can teach others not every one else. i learnt writiing poetry from blessing s of the guru. he guides your mind to relieve pain by expressing your mind. people hve no desire, no feelin, no money about godliness . so if you have acquired taste of godliness, do not talk to them. they will say you are a fool. but one day you will meet a person of your liking then discuss , learn and relieve your pain of mind. sorry if i went too far, please fiorgive m.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
guru is repreentative of GOd in human form. God does not take birth. one cannot see God who created the universe, but is represented by the guru. The guru knows and guides his follower on godly path. if you find a satisfacory guru, self surrender to him. follow his teaching and recite God. slowly slowly the mind cleanses and the guru makes you Godly . God abides in the mind, nowhere else but in a cleansed mind. it is like a fuzzy mirror. you cannot see your face i na fuzzy mirror, but if the mirror i sclean you can see your face in it. same way if your mind is cleansed you can realize God in the mind but by gurus grace only not any other way.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
ਹਰਿ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ

ਪਾਕ ਪਵਿੱਤਰ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਮ, ਹਰ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਕਰੈ ਵਿਸਰਾਮ

ਅਪਣਾ ਮਨ ਸਾਫ ਕਰ ਬੰਦਿਆ, ਰੱਬ ਮਿਲਣ ਦਾ ਇਮਤਹਾਨ

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾ ਜਪੁ ਗਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਰਾਗ, ਇਤ ਮਨ ਹੋ ਜਾਏ ਸਾਫ

ਸਾਫ ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਵੈ, ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਕਮਾ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਤਾਪ

ਰੱਬ ਕਿਧਰੋਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ, ਚਿੱਤ ਵਸੈ ਬਣ ਮਹਿਮਾਨ

ਪੂਜਾ ਅਰਚਾ ਕਮਾਵਣ ਬੰਦੇ, ਮਨ ਸਾਫ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਵੱਖਰੇ ਧੰਦੇ

ਇਹ ਆਖੈ ਖੋਈ ਉਹ ਆਖੈ, ਰੱਬ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੂ ਪੂਜਣ ਸਭ ਬੰਦੇ

ਰੱਬ ਇਕ ਉਹਦਾ ਬਿਰਦ ਇਕ, ਕਿਤ ਵਿਧ ਹੋਵੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਹਿਚਾਣ

ਜੋ ਜਨ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਧਿਆਵੈ, ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਵਸਾਵੈ

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੁ ਮਨ ਸਾਫ ਕਰਾਵੈ, ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਵੈ

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੈ ਇਨਸਾਨ, ਨਾਮ ਜਪੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨ ਧਿਆਨ

ਮੇਰਾ ਰੱਬ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਵਸਦਾ, ਛੁਪ ਕੇ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਨਾ ਦੱਸਦਾ

ਜੋ ਜਨ ਮਨ ਸਿੱਧਾ ਕਰਦਾ, ਤਿਸ ਸੰਗ ਮੁਸਕੜੀਆਂ ਹਸਦਾ

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਤ ਹਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਹੋਵੈ, ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਸੰਗ ਕਰ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ

ਜੋ ਜਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਧਿਆਵੈ, ਤਿਸ ਜਨ ਮਨ ਸਾਫ ਹੋ ਜਾਵੈ

ਆਪ ਜਪੈ ਸਦ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾ, ਸੋ ਜਨ ਸੰਤ ਭਗਤ ਬਣ ਆਵੈ

ਸੰਤ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮੈ ਭੇਦ ਨ ਕਾਈ, ਬੈਂਸ, ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਸੰਤ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣ

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਜੂ ਹਰ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਵਸਦਾ, ਅਪਣਾ ਭੇਦ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੀ ਦੱਸਦਾ

ਅਪਣਾ ਮਨ ਖੋਜਣਾ ਪੈਂਦਾ, ਰੂਹ ਬਣ ਰੱਬ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਵਸਦਾ

ਹਰ ਜਾ ਹਰ ਜਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਜੂ, ਜਪੁ ਨਾਮ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਹੋਏ ਮਨ ਰਾਮ

ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਏ ਰੱਬ ਪਿਆਰਾ, ਜੋ ਜੱਗ ਦਾ ਸਾਜਿ ਕਰੈ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ

ਦੂਸਰ ਹੋਵੈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ, ਜਿਨ ਸਿਖਿ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੋਵੈ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ

ਪੂਜੋ ਰਾਮ ਕਰੋ ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ, ਸਾਧ ਸੰਤਨ ਮਹਿ ਵਸੈ ਭਗਵਾਨ

ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਕਮਾਇ ਨਾਮ ਧਿਆਇ, ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਰਾਮ ਵਸ ਜਾਏ

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਤੁ ਹਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਹੋਈਐ, ਨਾਮ ਜਪਤ ਜਨ ਰਾਮ ਸਮਾਏ

ਮਨ ਰਾਮ ਤਨ ਜਿਹਵਾ ਰਾਮ, ਰਾਮ ਰਾਮ ਜਪੁ ਮਨ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੈ ਰਾਮ

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
read sggs properly not just do path
After reading the Adi Granth ,this is what i found

ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਹਰੀਆ ਸਰਗੁਨ ਧਰੀਆ ਅਨਿਕ ਕੋਠਰੀਆ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿਨ ਕਰੀਆ ॥ ਵਿਚਿ ਮਨ ਕੋਟਵਰੀਆ ॥ : The Unseen Creator (Nirgun) has taken the form of three -pronged MAya in a seen and physical form(Sargun) ,thus prevading all the human beings . (sggs 746).

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
God is faultless, everyone else has faults. the being has many forms and God abides in all in different ways The body is a fort and God has his temple in it. and he enjoys there. he does not die or does not burn. everyone is engaged in their activities doing different things .Now i met a devotee saint and reached the door to destiny and envisioned God. Says Nanak once I met the guru i will not wander any more

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
God is faultless, everyone else has faults. the being has many forms and God abides in all in different ways The body is a fort and God has his temple in it. and he enjoys there. he does not die or does not burn. everyone is engaged in their activities doing different things .Now i met a devotee saint and reached the door to destiny and envisioned God. Says Nanak once I met the guru i will not wander any more
Sorry but i could not relate this weird descirption of God with your initial contradictory statment
guru is repreentative of GOd in human form. God does not take birth.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
this is my real translation
There is one God. He is realized by guru’s grace. O beloved, love your guru. Recite God in your mind. Nothing else is of any use. Enshrine the saint in your mind and give up falsehood and duality. ||1||Pause|| The Lord is absolute. The world is manifest. There are many chambers and He hums in them many ways. There are many chambers in the mind. The beloved Lord lives there. He enjoys there. He does not die or burn. ||1|| He engages in His activities in various ways. He is realized by giving up duality. The world is engaged in bad deeds. Now I joined the company of devotees. I stand at God’s door. I see Him. O Nanak; meeting the guru; He shall not wander anymore.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
􀁆􀁡􀁢􀁗􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁟􀁨􀀷􀀃􀁜􀁢􀁚􀀃􀁑􀁒􀁢􀁟􀀃􀁢􀀿􀀶􀀃􀁁􀁡􀁙􀁜􀁤􀀃􀁢􀁐􀁆􀀷􀀃
One who has the guru on his side; how could he be
proud of his wealth?
􀁆􀁡􀁢􀁗􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁟􀁨􀀷􀀃􀁜􀁢􀁚􀀃􀁚􀁀􀀃􀁕􀁡􀁟􀁦􀀃􀁢􀀿􀀶􀀃􀁢􀀿􀁆􀀷􀀃
One who has the guru on his side; what would
millions of supporters do for him?
􀁆􀁡􀁢􀁗􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁟􀁨􀀷􀀃􀁜􀁢􀁚􀀃􀁢􀁁􀀶􀁒􀀃􀀵􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁢􀁑􀀶􀁒􀀃􀀵􀁒􀁒􀀃􀁓􀁢􀁙􀀃􀃸
One who has the guru on his side does not
depend on others for spiritual wisdom and
meditation.
􀁆􀁡􀁢􀁗􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁟􀁨􀀷􀀃􀁜􀁢􀁚􀀃􀁞􀁕􀁐􀁤􀀃􀁞􀁡􀁀􀁣􀀃􀁞􀁤􀀃􀁞􀁄􀁟􀀃􀁂􀁢􀁙􀀃
One who has the guru on his side contemplates
guru’s teaching, and dwells in truth.
􀁆􀁨􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀀵􀁢􀁟􀁢􀁒􀁢􀁞􀀃􀁆􀁓􀁧􀀃􀁐􀁡􀁞􀁤􀀃􀁖􀁉􀁤􀀃􀁕􀁦􀁒􀁢􀁎􀀃􀀿􀁟􀁧􀀃
The servant Bhat prays to him, who says guru guru
all the time.
􀁆􀁨􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁒􀁡􀁗􀁤􀀃􀁢􀁙􀁐􀀃􀁗􀁢􀁟􀀃􀁑􀁙􀁧􀀃􀁞􀁨􀀃􀁆􀁒􀁗􀁗􀁙􀁍􀀃􀁐􀁤􀁟􀀃􀁏􀁦􀀃􀁙􀁟􀁧􀀃
􀃸􀁳􀃸􀁷􀃸
Whoever enshrines name of the guru
in his heart gets rid of both birth and death.
||3||7||
􀁁􀁤􀁙􀀃􀁢􀁕􀁒􀁤􀀃􀁂􀁨􀁙􀁤􀀃􀀵􀂆􀁑􀁡􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁢􀁕􀁒􀁤􀀃􀁞􀁗􀁇􀀃􀁒􀀃􀀶􀁜􀁧􀀃􀃸
Without the guru, there is utter darkness;
without the guru, realization does not come.
􀁁􀁤􀁙􀀃􀁢􀁕􀁒􀁤􀀃􀁞􀁤􀁙􀁢􀁎􀀃􀁒􀀃􀁢􀁞􀁢􀁑􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁢􀁕􀁒􀁤􀀃􀁗􀁤􀀿􀁢􀁎􀀃􀁒􀀃􀁓􀁡􀁜􀁧􀀃􀃸
Without the guru, there is no awareness or success
or liberation.
􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁤􀀃􀀿􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁞􀁄􀁤􀀃􀁕􀁣􀁄􀁡􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀀿􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁙􀁦􀀃􀁗􀁒􀀃􀁗􀁦􀁙􀁦􀀃􀃸
􀁞􀂇􀁣 􀁁􀁤􀁙 􀁥 􀁁􀂆􀁏􀂇 􀁞􀁡􀁢􀁟􀁕
Say guru guru and truly contemplate the guru; say
guru guru O my mind.
􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁤􀀃􀀿􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁞􀁕􀁐􀀃􀁞􀁓􀂆􀁤􀁒􀀃􀀵􀁂􀁒􀀃􀀿􀁉􀁢􀁟􀀃􀁞􀁖􀀃􀁎􀁦􀁙􀁦􀀃
Say guru guru and become sacred saying guru; your
all sins will be erased.
􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁒􀁘􀁢􀁍􀀃􀁕􀁘􀁢􀁍􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁤􀀃􀀿􀁙􀁟􀁤􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁞􀁢􀁎􀀃􀀿􀁢􀁜􀀃􀁒􀃆􀀃􀀿􀁢􀁟􀀃
􀃸
Speak guru, see guru, say guru guru; poet Nalh says
that guru is truly God.
􀁢􀁆􀁢􀁒􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁒􀀃􀁐􀁦􀁢􀁀􀀵􀀹􀀃􀁒􀁟􀁤􀀃􀀿􀁣􀀵􀀹􀀃􀁎􀁦􀀃􀀵􀀿􀁘􀁏􀀃􀁞􀂆􀁞􀁡􀁙􀀃􀁗􀁢􀁟􀀃
􀃸􀁴􀃸􀁸􀃸
Those who do not see the guru, do not make him
their guru; their coming in the world is useless.
||4||8||
􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁥􀀃􀁁􀁤􀁙􀁤􀀃􀀿􀁙􀁤􀀃􀁗􀁒􀀃􀁗􀁦􀁙􀁦􀀃􀃸
Say guru guru O my mind;age 1399 sggs

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
One who has the guru on his side; how could he be proud of his wealth? One who has the guru on his side; what would millions of supporters do for him? One who has the guru on his side does not depend on others for spiritual wisdom and meditation. One who has the guru on his side contemplates guru’s teaching, and dwells in truth. The servant Bhat prays to him, who says guru guru all the time. Whoever enshrines name of the guru in his heart gets rid of both birth and death. ||3||7|| Without the guru, there is utter darkness; without the guru, realization does not happen. Without the guru, there is no awareness or success or liberation. Say guru guru and truly contemplate the guru; say guru guru O my mind. Say guru guru and become sacred saying guru; your all sins will be erased. Speak guru, see guru, say guru guru; poet Nalh says that guru is truly God. Those who don’t see the guru, don’t make him their guru; their coming in the world is useless. ||4||8|| Say guru guru O my mind; Sggs page 1399

Last edited:

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
Page 1400 All-powerful guru carries those across in today’s age; who get in trance by listening to guru’s teaching. He, who intuitively contemplates God; God abides close to him and destroys his pains and bestows happiness. He recites the perfect God in the mind and seeing his face the sins are destroyed. If you long for wisdom, wealth, mystic power; then say guru guru O my mind. ||5||9|| Seeing the face of the guru obtains real happiness. Thirst and yearning to drink divine wisdom are fulfilled by intuitively meeting the guru. My mind was wandering in ten directions and now it became perfectly stable and recites God and enjoys. Goindwal is the city of God, built on the bank of the Beas River. Pain of many years disappeared seeing guru’s face and obtained eternal happiness. ||6||10|| All-powerful guru placed His hand on my head. Guru was kind, and blessed me with God’s name. Looking at His feet, my sins are erased. He, who listens to God’s name regularly day and night; the messenger of death is afraid of him. Says God’s slave: whoever longs for the world guru; meet guru Raam Daas and transform by his touch. Guru Raam Daas realized the true God. All-powerful guru placed His hand on His head. ||7||11|| Now, please preserve the honor of your humble bhaat slave. God saved the honor of devotee Prahalad, when he tore Harnaakas apart with his claws. Then, he preserved Dropati’s honor; when her clothes were being removed from her, she was blessed with more and more clothes. Sudaamaa was saved from misfortune; a prostitute recited God, her deeds were fulfilled. O honorable true guru, if it pleases you, save the honor of your slave bhaat in today’s age. ||8||12|| Jholnaa: O mortal say guru guru guru. Say God enshrining his name in the mind’ say God and believe in it; you will obtain His love saying God; give up other paths and say God lovingly. Enshrine guru’s word in the mind and control five senses; you will be liberated and honored in God’s court. If you long for happiness here and hereafter; say guru guru O mortal. ||1||13|| Say guru guru truly and believe in it. Know that, God is the treasure of excellence. Enshrine Him in your mind all the time enshrining guru’s word in the mind. Then, cleanse yourself in the pure and unfathomable water of the guru; O guru’s followers and saints; cross over the world Ocean through true love of God’s name. Recite the enemyless formless God forever lovingly through guru’s teaching and worship God with love and joy. O foolish mind, give up your doubts; say guru guru. ||2||14||

P J Singh

SPNer
Oct 7, 2022
Very interesting exchange.

When I read Gurbani (AGGS) and make gradual progress along its pages from 1 towards 1430, I experience (metaphorically speaking) a jolt with a sense of amazement by looking at its amazing organization, structure and locking numbering system to block attempts by vested interests to inject distortions. Further, then look at the wisdom that is embedded in it, and the raags and "Ghars" in which our Gurus have scripted the entire Bani and the 5th Guru have tirelessly compiled it along with his on writings with the help of Bhai Gurdas Ji in AGGS. 5th Guru revered it as " Poothi Parmashwer Ka Thaoo".

Not only this. To protect its sanctity, the 5th Guru did not hesitate for a moment and accepted the inhuman treatment and torture that was inflicted on him. Please try to picture someone being roasted on fire and boiled in hot water!!!!!!!

Now what surprises me as I read the above exchange that a living human being who relies on the same divine book -- -- AGGS to pick and choose its Sabad to give out to its devotees is being declared as Guru and the AGGS is being relegated to a lower threshold. it is unthinkable to suggest that the one (living human being) who relies for his spiritual wisdom on AGGS is considered superior to the same AGGS on which he depends .

Gurbani and many other religious books talk about Ridhis and Sidhis ( mystic powers); the living person may have have mystic powers to help people heal or do other miracles. it is like for the sake of material awards we decide to declare some one Guru. Gurbani is pathways to transcend all such worldly infatuations; if the living Guru is able to fulfil our material desires than he is a worldly Guru not a Spiritual Guru -- Guru nonetheless.

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
Swa
Page 1400 All-powerful guru carries those across in today’s age; who get in trance by listening to guru’s teaching. He, who intuitively contemplates God; God abides close to him and destroys his pains and bestows happiness. He recites the perfect God in the mind and seeing his face the sins are destroyed. If you long for wisdom, wealth, mystic power; then say guru guru O my mind. ||5||9|| Seeing the face of the guru obtains real happiness. Thirst and yearning to drink divine wisdom are fulfilled by intuitively meeting the guru. My mind was wandering in ten directions and now it became perfectly stable and recites God and enjoys. Goindwal is the city of God, built on the bank of the Beas River. Pain of many years disappeared seeing guru’s face and obtained eternal happiness. ||6||10|| All-powerful guru placed His hand on my head. Guru was kind, and blessed me with God’s name. Looking at His feet, my sins are erased. He, who listens to God’s name regularly day and night; the messenger of death is afraid of him. Says God’s slave: whoever longs for the world guru; meet guru Raam Daas and transform by his touch. Guru Raam Daas realized the true God. All-powerful guru placed His hand on His head. ||7||11|| Now, please preserve the honor of your humble bhaat slave. God saved the honor of devotee Prahalad, when he tore Harnaakas apart with his claws. Then, he preserved Dropati’s honor; when her clothes were being removed from her, she was blessed with more and more clothes. Sudaamaa was saved from misfortune; a prostitute recited God, her deeds were fulfilled. O honorable true guru, if it pleases you, save the honor of your slave bhaat in today’s age. ||8||12|| Jholnaa: O mortal say guru guru guru. Say God enshrining his name in the mind’ say God and believe in it; you will obtain His love saying God; give up other paths and say God lovingly. Enshrine guru’s word in the mind and control five senses; you will be liberated and honored in God’s court. If you long for happiness here and hereafter; say guru guru O mortal. ||1||13|| Say guru guru truly and believe in it. Know that, God is the treasure of excellence. Enshrine Him in your mind all the time enshrining guru’s word in the mind. Then, cleanse yourself in the pure and unfathomable water of the guru; O guru’s followers and saints; cross over the world Ocean through true love of God’s name. Recite the enemyless formless God forever lovingly through guru’s teaching and worship God with love and joy. O foolish mind, give up your doubts; say guru guru. ||2||14||
Can you please be specific who is the "Guru " in the shabad quoted above ..

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: